July 22, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, La Vie Macabre! It is a blog dedicated to the stranger and darker things in life, from ghosts to skulls to dark magic to Halloween. The blog's name came from a stroke of inspiration that I had while listening to the song Danse macabre by the French composer Camille Saint-Saëns (see video below, you might want to pause music player at bottom of page also if you haven't already done so.)

Danse macabre roughly translates to "Dance of Death" in English, and as poetic as that is, I didn't want to name my blog a name that is commonly used, from paintings to books to music to poetry. That is when I thought of La Vie Macabre, which translates to "Life of Death", a phrase that seems to contradict itself, but illustrates my fascination with the weird, mystical, and dead. Hopefully through this blog I will share with you my own life of death, and I hope that you will enjoy!

No comments: