July 25, 2010

First Encounters With Horror

I was recently talking to a friend about the first time we saw a horror/thriller movie and how old we were. She recalls being frightened by the first horror movie she saw and not being able to sleep for many nights afterwards, but I had a very different experience.

Even though I don't know which one I saw first, the first horror/thriller films that I watched were Psycho (1960) and The Sixth Sense (1999). I saw them about the same time when I was about seven years old, and I remember watching them in the comfort of my own living room with my parents. They warned me before both movies that they weren't real and that they could turn it off if I got scared, but to their surprise, I loved them.






What were the first horror movies that you saw as a child, and how old were you?


No comments: